[OhQP-mail] OhQP : New category request.

w3hkk at roadrunner.com w3hkk at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 9 08:06:32 CDT 2012

Hank, you had me going there for a minute!

The request is really to recognize barefoot rigs over high power, so whether the limit is 100w or 200w doesnt make a lot of difference to me.  ( You clearly know more about QRPers than I do.  But Life is too......)

IMO, the change   would recognize and encourage  group/club  events at normal power levels, which might be one of the  goals of a state qso party.....  a bunch of folks getting together for a day, looking for all those who operate mobile, or in "exotic" counties, etc. I always have the OhQP goal of working all Ohio counties, and from central Ohio that's been a toughie.

I am all for the OhQP's one day contest format, and just see this as a tweak. a step towards enccouraging more club activity. Methinks club activity could use a boost, especially as we get older, it often takes more guys to get the same amount of work done, and to get involved in efforts that one person may no longer be willing to do on his/her own.  Besides, its fun when a group of like-minded individuals get together and pools their resources/abilities.  ...That assumes a group of like-minded individuals exists.  But if you try hard enough, you can find them.

Id love to see a Multi-QRP group get together, pull their rigs out of their pockets, hang some antennas and go to town.  Anybody have photos of such a group?

Bob