[OhQP-mail] OhQP : New category request.

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Oct 8 21:51:28 CDT 2012

Robert:

Great Idea - But will methinks thee dreameth.  Could something which
makes even a minute "change" in the rules, which were carved in stone
before the advent of quill and papyrus, receive any serious consideration?

But, shucky durn, if there were a QRP-Multi/Multi category, I'd place a
bet that I could round up enough fellers silly enough to knock the pants
off any of the operators who run multi-multi @ >1.5 KW+++.  (well, mebbe
not beat them, but at least we'd make a mark in the QRP-Multi-Multi
category.)  For me, I'd never even consider making such a suggestions,
because I'm categorized as a pariah amongst the "real OHQP crowd."

However, I NEVER cease to be amazed at what a mediocre op like N8XX,
often called a LID, Rabble rouser, or other terms of endearment, can do
with >5 watts to a marginal antenna in a "Field Day" type setup.

If I could find one or two REAL contest ops to join my mediocre
operating effort, we'd make a "Jollie Goode Show" of it.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time