[OhQP-mail] [QRP-L] OHIO QSO Party, August 28

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Aug 17 18:49:45 EDT 2010

Why wouldn't 10 FM is be permissible?  It's a voice mode - and even
though the OHQP gurus were thinking Silly Sideband because of myopia, I
don't see why contacts made via 10 metre Funny Modulation would be
disqualified.  Of course, if you had both SSB and FM, they'd both be
voice modes so you wouldn't be able to contact a station on 10 FM and 10
SSB.

I'll let the esteamed high honchos who generate the rules give a
definitive answer, but that's my opinion, which has been diametrically
opposite of the rule makers in the past, but in the past I've prevailed
upon one or two instances.

73 de n8xx Hg
Operating as N8Q in HENRy county during OQP 2010

p.s. I don't have a 10 metre FM rig anymore.  I couldn't even give it
away, much less sell it, so it's in the midst of Mount Rumpke in
HAMIlton county (The county dump site)  Gee, since it was built in the
1950's it might even have had some oil filled (PCB filled?) condensers
and transformers  (yup, in those daze they called those thing
condensers, not capacitors.!)   It had lots of those things we now call
glow bugs, but in that day they were called vacuum tubes.