[OhQP-mail] 160 Meters in Ohio QSO Party?

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 16:20:42 CDT 2020

The Ohio QSO Party committee is considering whether to add 160 meters to the existing 80-10 meters operation in the OhQP. The question arises whether given low sunspot activity and difficult propagation on the higher bands, if adding 160 might give a pool of new QSOs and activity? Or would it spread activity, disadvantage smaller stations, or make things more difficult for people further from Ohio?
This will not be decided by a majority vote, but rather the committee is looking to find out if people have a preference, or perhaps just don't care either way. Opinions from outside Ohio are very welcome as well, as we try to make the event attractive for everybody, including all those from outside Ohio who we work in OhQP.
Comments can be posted on the OhQP email reflector (mail at ohqp.org). If you're not already subscribed there, information on how to do so is available on the OhQP web site, www.ohqp.org. Of if you don't care to subscribe or prefer to keep your thoughts out of the public eye, you can email them to info at ohqp.org, which will get them to the OhQP committee members.
Whatever might happen, we hope you'll join us for the 2020 Ohio QSO Party on Saturday, August 22 !

73  -  Jim   K8MR
Ohio QSO Party Chairman