[OhQP-mail] Additions to OhQP web

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Fri Jul 23 21:23:27 EDT 2010

There are two new pages on the site.  One for entering in-state plans for this year and one for listing the entered plans for this year.  To access the pages use the links on the home page (www.OhQP.org).  They are labelled "2010 Plans" and "Enter Plans".

To enter your plans go to the "Enter Plans" page.  Enter the callsign you plan to use and then select the county or counties you plan to activate from the list.  When you are done press the submit button.  If you are going to be mobile please enter callsign/m.  If you are going to be a rover, please enter callsign/r.

If you need to change your plans, simply return to the page and enter the same callsign* and select a new county or counties and press submit.  When you submit, the system removes any previous activities you entered and then adds the new ones you just submitted

If for some reason you can't operate the qso party but had previously made an entry, you can delete your entry by entering the same callsign and picking NONE for county and then pressing submit.

Note that this system is to show what counties are covered, what counties still need coverage and to show who is covering what counties.  It is not intended to be an operating aide that shows times for mobiles/rovers.  The best place to give that information is on the reflector.

I entered the activities that were just announced on the reflector.

73, Tim K9TM

* You have to enter the same exact call you previously entered.  So if you entered K9TM/M you have to enter that again and not just K9TM.  If you are changing from being mobile to rover or fixed then treat that using the delete instructions above.  So say I had entered a mobile route using K9TM/M and now can't go mobile but will be on from a fixed station instead.  I would enter K9TM/M and NONE and submit.  Then enter K9TM, select a county from the list and hit submit.