[OhQP-mail] OhQP Counties that need coverage

Kenneth Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 09:23:22 EDT 2010

To date, the following counties have no claimed coverage:

Columbiana
Coshocton
Holmes
Stark (recent change)
Tuscarawas
Wayne

Do we have any takers?  I would hope Wayne and Stark will be claimed soon
with their normal level of activity.  Last year we did have fixed stations
in COSH and TUSC, so hopefully they will be on again this year but that is
not something to count on until we hear from them.

In addition to the above, there are MANY counties where only a single mobile
has announced activity.  These counties are at risk of not being covered
(plans change, a deer diversion, etc.), and the mobile might only make 30-50
QSOs which barely meets the demand.  Backup coverage (especially fixed
station coverage) of these counties would be most welcomed!  See list at
http://www.ohqp.org/operatingPlanned2010.php

If you know anyone in the unclaimed or limited coverage counties, please
contact them and get them on for the OhQP!

Many thanks, Kenny K2KW