[OhQP-mail] 160 in OQP-some thoughts

Dan Kovatch w8car at buckeye-express.com
Mon Aug 31 09:57:47 EDT 2009

 I think for the home op it may a good idea. I'm not sure how many casual
ops have 160 but given the current condx it might add some spice to things.
A far as mobile-I'm not so sure. This means another antenna and maybe mount
plus the vargaries of getting it to tune and with the lower
effeciency--maybe no one will hear us! Of course, that is the way it was on
80 till recently.

Another positive is  the OQP would be one of the first 'fallish' contests to
have 160 and may give some of the classic 160 guys a reason to get on to
check their stations out and add some fresh blood to the OQP mix.

I see no real reason NOT to add 160 and if the current condx continue for a
few years it may turn out to be a great stimulus for more Qs and maybe
mults. If 15 and 10 come back then as usual guys will head there first
during the day but 160 might become a great 'last few hours' band to bump up
totals.

I'm all in favor of adding 160 (of course, the fact that it is my favorite
band does not play in to my 'unbiased' views!!!!!!!)

Dan W8CAR