[OhQP-mail] K8AAX tentative OQP Plans

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 21:02:30 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

Great to hear that you're heading down to OH next Saturday!

If you are going to do all your operating parked (not a crazy idea), you
might consider using a 40 meter dipole.  With some sort of heavy object (I
like about a 1" nut) to heave over a tree limb, you could get a inverted vee
up  20 or so feet at the center, and run the ends out as far as you can.
I've  used a brick on each end to hold the ends.

You'll be about 2-3 S-units louder, and it should only take 5 minutes or so
 to put up or take down.  You're rate will be a whole lot better than with
a  HamStick.

A HamStick is not much different from a low dipole on 20 meters, so maybe
you can find someone to loan you one for 20 and you'd be very well set with
those two antennas.

Lots of those northwest counties are usually scarce, so whatever you do
you'll be much appreciated!

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 8/13/2009 8:46:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,