[OhQP-mail] New to QSO parties

Paul Hurm paulhurm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 23:51:05 CDT 2016

Read the guide you found again carefully and I think you will see that it
refers to a QSO party from a couple years ago, 2012 I think. That link is
outdated.

The rules and exchange have changed since then. We no longer give out
sequential numbers so that is a moot point (but yes they were 1 then 2 etc.)

The exchange between stations is now RS(T) and location. An Ohio station
gives out the county name he is operating from. Out of state stations give
RS(T) and their ARRL section or DX if not in the US.

On the site at OHQP.ORG in the upper left, read the current rules there,
that will explain the exchange. Also, as I read the rules, regardless of
whether your son is licensed, he is a separate operator so I would think you
need to be considered multi-op.

Welcome to the contesting world and have fun!!

Paul, N8OT
paulhurm at gmail.com