[OhQP-mail] New to QSO parties

Brian w8bsw11 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 22:46:23 CDT 2016

Greetings All,

Although I've had my general ticket for several years, I've only been on the HF bands for a couple of weeks and am new to QSO parties. It sounds like a lot of fun. I have a couple of things I'm a little unclear on and want to know what I'm doing so I don't sound like a complete moron on the air.

1. On the OhQso party website, the "guide for Ohio stations" says to begin each QSO by giving your sequential number starting with 1 and your county name. So, am I supposed to start my first contact with a "1", second with a "2", and so on? I'm not clear on what the sequential number is for.

2. I will be operating as a low power station. I will also have my 11 year old son, who is studying for his tech license, operating as well to get him some air time. With only one station on the air, but he and I taking turns operating, will I still be a single operator station since I will be acting as control operator while he is transmitting? Any advice and clarification is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Brian, W8BSW