[OhQP-mail] [MRRC] OhQP K6JSS(N8XX) Single Op QRP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Aug 26 13:33:41 CDT 2012

I worked K8MR/UNIO when he came through - on CW. I asked him about
phone, we picked frequency, it was busy, and I couldn't find him calling
me, and he couldn't hear me.

But, there was a fixed station (KE8RV) on SSB who came on later in the
evening - for a phone multiplier.

I was doing lots of S&P when running was not so productive. Surprised at
some of the "runs." Max for an hour was 38 - nothing about which to
write home, but acceptable for a portable op with "so-so" antenna and 5
watts.

Sorry I didn't catch you. The bands were "in and out" most of the day.
Things sure slowed down for the last two hours.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
Operated K6JSS/UNIO during OHQP 2012

p.s. If it weren't fun, I'd not start at "oh-dark-thirty" and wind up at
0700Z when getting back to the sack the next morning!