[OhQP-mail] Proper DUPE handling

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Tue Aug 30 00:23:45 EDT 2011

Robert:

N3FJP is a "stupid programme" - I used it because I'm  "stupid operator"
and couldn't figure out how to program the function keys on N1MM.   Any
self respecting logging programme these daze will accept a dupe,
sometimes with a bit of persuasion, but it can be done.

When I ran in the a "recalcitrant dupe"  I put him/her down as CALL/M to
distinguish between "CALL".  N3FJP, being a "stupid programme" took the
"CALL/M" as being different from "CALL" and accepted it.

After I made the cabrillo file, I manually found the three /M calls, and
manually edited out the /M part.  That made the dupes appear in the
cabrillo file.

I was told by the scoring team that dupes won't count against an
operator, and they preferred that the dupes be kept in the log in case
the other person screwed up your call or sumpin similar in the first
encounter.

Hope this will help you.

73 de n8xx Hg
Operated N1L/BROWn during OHQP 2011