[OhQP-mail] Proper DUPE handling

Robert AC8GE ac8ge at arrl.net
Mon Aug 29 22:35:46 EDT 2011

Well first off, I must say I had a blast from Holmes County. I will post a
summery in the next few days.

I did run into a bit of a problem though. I ended up with a couple dupes
just to keep things moving. It seems that some of the logging software in
use was not alerting their respective operators when they had already worked
a station. I did my best to keep things going so I went ahead and logged
them again. My partner in the multi-op wanted to string me up at that point
because I am using the N3FJP logging software, which doesn't allow dupes to
be handled easily. So we manually changed the serial on the next contact by
one to keep our numbers in line with what was sent.

Now I am working at tying up the holes in the log, and am not sure if I
should put the DUPE's back in or not.

We did keep a paper log scratchpad just in case we got ahead of one another,
so I have all the information written down.

Suggestions?

73, Robert AC8GE

BTW, I must say that I was overly joyed to pick up that rare DX N1L from
BROWn county. Thanks again Hank.