[OhQP-mail] OhQP Plaque Sponsorships

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 08:04:02 EDT 2010

We are looking for new sponsors for several Ohio QSO Party plaques.

Joe Matt, W3AG, who has sponsored the Rover plaque for the past few years,
has decided not to do this going forward. We appreciate Joe's support for
those  years, especially notable in that Joe, while a MRRC member, is not an
Ohioan!  (Although he does have some family roots here in the Buckeye
state).

Several years ago we decided that the Out of State High Power and Low Power
 Single Operator plaques were pretty much winnable by the same group of
people,  those who happened to be in whatever area that propagation favored
that year. So  we combined them into a Single Operator Out of State, and
started the plaque for  the Mountain/Pacific time zones. We intend to keep that
M/P plaque, but if some  club or person would like to sponsor an Out of State
Low Power plaque, we could  go back to plaques for each power level.

The Muskingum Ham Radio Club, which has sponsored three plaques in recent
years, has indicated that they may want to scale back that number. I've not
had  a definitive response from them, but we may need a sponsor for one or
two of the ones they have sponsored.

A plaque costs $60.00. We collect the money in the spring, when we get the
results compiled.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks and 73 -

Jim Stahl   K8MR