[OhQP-mail] N8Q/N8XX OQP Plans for HENRY County

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed Jul 21 14:43:12 EDT 2010

I am planning to activate HENRy County during the upcoming Ohio QSO
Party, as N8Q, Single Operator, All Band, QRP.  N8Q has been reserved
for the event!

Anyone Guess why I chose HENRy County, other than it has NEVER had a
fixed station operation from there (according to the ohqp.org web page,
at least)?

If you have doubts, look at the registration information for N8XX on
fcc.gov or qrz.com.  :)

I've sent a letter, and more recently a FAX, to Dean Dawson, Mayor of
the Village of McClure, Ohio, in HENRy county.  A fellow ham, who has a
daughter living near McClure, has put in a good word for the effort.  I
haven't received a response, but is certainly not unusual, because
McClure had population 761 in 2000, they certainly wouldn't have a large
staff.

I'm 99.44+% sure that I'll be able to find a suitable spot in HENRy
county, so look for N8Q during OQP 2010, be in in McClure or somewhere else.

If it's anything like when I was N8Q in NEWAygo County, Michigan, for
the MiQP, we'll have a ball!

73 de n8xx Hg