[OhQP-mail] Operating in Henry County?

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat Jul 3 08:33:03 EDT 2010

Does anyone know of a friendly park in Henry County?  Henry County is
named for me (or maybe I'm named for it?) so I thought it would be
"interesting to operate from there.  Also, I note that there has been no
fixed station operation from Henry County, so I thought I'd try firing
up there, with a QRP operation - similar to what I did in Newaygo County
during the Michigan QSO Party this year.  But, Newaygo county is only
about 30 miles from where I live, so it was easy to drive up there,
scout possible sites, contact park officials, and obtain official
permission.  Henry County is about 180 miles from where I live, so a
reconnaissance mission is much more difficult.  It would be nice to get
official permission for an operation - seems like some of the smaller
communities might be easier than Napoleon, the county seat.

Ideas?  Please contact me off list.

Tnx es 73 de n8xx Hg