[OhQP-mail] OHQP 160 M

Ralph Matheny mathenyr at marietta.edu
Wed Apr 15 22:32:06 CDT 2020

I don't have much of an opinion about this...but some
thoughts  to consider:

Having 160 might help with the slowdown which hits
at about 10PM.  Also would get a second band since the
RTTY kills 40 if the propagation doesn't.

QRN in August will make things pretty ruff.

PAQP has 160 and it seems to me that most years
it isn't worth the effort.  My rover setup will work on
160, and one year there was a real advantage to having
the band.  Most years QRN covered most stations up.
The year it did "work", as I remember the coverage was
about the same as on 80.  But that was only one year.

de K8RYU