[OhQP-mail] Where's the cabrillo file template

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Fri Sep 15 19:24:58 CDT 2017

>The robot barfs at the Cabrillo file, says we have no legit QSO's, even though it looks right to me.

Actually the web site displayed the following to you (I know because the two times you tried to submit, it sends me a copy too):

Sorry W8VVL we can't accept your log submission as is.  Please fix the log and resubmit.
File is not a legal cabrillo file, EOL.
Processing of log is aborted.

The file is not a legal cabrillo file because it is missing one of the required tags, the EOL (END-OF-LOG:) tag.

Replace
"END-OF-LOG         :"
With
"END-OF-LOG:"

Since the file wasn’t a legit Cabrillo file it didn’t look for QSO’s… that’s what “Processing of log is aborted” means.  There was no judgment of the QSO’s.

>All I can figure is that the robot must be very finiky about the placement of each field, and N3FJP doesn't understand these details.

This is not true.  Many people use N3FJP software and I’m not aware of anyone else having this issue from FJP.  Normally I see this when someone tries to make their own Cabrillo file and they don’t know the Cabrillo spec or the file is not a Cabrillo file (like an adif or database or other file).

>most ex spurts these daze say that generally, the spacing between fields is not important with current log checking software.

The spacing between the fields is not your issue… you guessed wrong.

73, Tim K9TM