[OhQP-mail] 2016 Results

w3hkk at roadrunner.com w3hkk at roadrunner.com
Sun Mar 12 10:40:36 CDT 2017

I will second Steve's comments.  At or near the top of  state QSO events are the OH (and PA) QSO Parties IMO.  And that means the effort and energy  put in by the organizers and operators.  A special Kudo goes to K8MR, the human dynamo, for  his mobile efforts putting so many  rare counties on the map. And for  DX like Steve making the effort to  participate from "the outer precincts."  Fun takes many forms, but in the end it has to be fun.

The OHQP is such a great opportunity for clubs to  set up and  man  multi-op, multi-station  stations.  We at COOKEN ARC had a great run of 4-5 years putting WW8OH on the air, but alas the past few years has proven challenging due to the (QSY) loss of   several key people and the general aging of the membership, etc.  But we had a really  fun time while it lasted.  Multiple stations, cw and ssb, 80-15, 2-4 hr shifts, good food,  all provide opportunities for  those of us who are "slowing down" but still want to participate without  over-doing it.

Maybe a couple of clubs could  get together to man some of the rare counties. Its getting tougher but it still can be done.