[OhQP-mail] The dreaded robot

Joe Fischer w8jpf at fischerhome.org
Thu Sep 15 21:07:09 CDT 2016

My rule of thumb is: K8XX/FRAN, K8XX/QRP, K8XX/AE, K8XX/M, etc. are logged as K8XX.  K8XX/4 is logged with the suffix even if I know that he lives in Tennessee.

This doesn't always work.  I worked a 7-call who was in a QSO party in one of the 0-land states who was signing with a /0 and I logged him that way.  Later on, I removed the /0 and reloaded the logs into LoTW and got a confirmation.  But by then it was too late to change my contest log so I don't know what happened there.

There actually was an 8-call running in the TNQP who was signing with a slash and his county abbreviation. That makes things a lot less confusing to me.

In the general spirit of things, I'm not sure of the ethics of changing a log based on the way this discussion might go.
TU es 73 de Joe, W8JPF