[OhQP-mail] Need help in Southern Indiana on May 7

Mel Crichton kj9c at iquest.net
Sun May 1 13:05:36 CDT 2016

The Indiana QSO party is next Saturday, and we have a last minute
cancellation from Perry County IN (Perry is along the Ohio river  and west
of Louisville KY). In other years we would cover it with a mobile for an
hour or so, but Perry was one of the original 15 counties when Indiana
became a state in 1816, and since 2016 is our Bicentennial, we are offering
awards to stations who work the 15 original counties. We have arranged
full-time coverage in the other 14 counties, even though some have very
sparse ham populations. So it's really important for us to have a bigger
presence in Perry Co.

There also are certificates for stations who activate one or more of the
original 15...

Anyway, anybody out there want to travel to Indiana for a day (11-11 EDT or
1500-0300 Z) and operate from a park or perhaps a borrowed farm? We are
trying to find the most suitable place for a portable operation.

I can venture a guess that you will be busy for as long as you can be QRV.

More info www.hdxcc.org/inqp.... including an activity map showing who will
be on from our 92 counties

Mel KJ9C