[OhQP-mail] A Request for a little help from friends... N1MM

Mike Tindor AA8IA aa8ia at aa8ia.org
Wed Aug 19 09:39:10 CDT 2015

Using the latest version of N1MM+, I don't see any issues.  I don't
recall any issues of my own in the past with N1MM or N1MM+ either.

  A proper configuration would be like this:

1.  Select File --> New Log in Database

a.  Set "Log Type" = QSOPARTY
b.  Set "State for Log Type QSOPARTY" to:   OH
c.  Set "Sent Exchange" to:   your four-letter county abbrev (eg:  JEFF)
d.  Set "Operators" to the callsign in use for the content (eg:  AA8IA)

I do notice that my N1MM+ plus defaults to tossing my state "OH" in as
the Sent Exchange by default.   It is actually pulling that default
value from the ARRL Section field under Config--> Change Your Station
Data, which is where you enter in your general station information when
you initially set up N1MM+.   Obviously that does no good in this
contest for Ohio stations since we need to be sending our four-character
county abbreviation.

NOTE:  In my case, under Config --> Change your Station Data, there are
actually two places where OH is specified, once under State and once
under ARRL Section.   But I have verified that N1MM is pulling the
default OH value for the Sent Exchange from the ARRL Section field in
Config --> Change your Station Data.    N1MM+ will not want to modify
that section.   Instead they want to simply set the "Sent Exchange" as
described in item C above.

So, in the case of Ohio stations operating in the OHQP and using
N1MM(+), make sure  that item C above is set correctly to your
four-character county abbreviation.

When I generate the Cabrillo file (via File--> Generate Cabrillo), my
generated log looks something like this:

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
LOCATION: OH
CALLSIGN: AA8IA
CLUB: Mad River Radio Club
CONTEST: OH-QSO-PARTY
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: MIXED
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CLAIMED-SCORE: 1
OPERATORS: AA8IA
NAME: Mike Tindor
ADDRESS: 56 Lookout Dr
ADDRESS-CITY: Toronto
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: OH
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 43964
ADDRESS-COUNTRY: US
CREATED-BY: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.5103.0
QSO: 14200 PH 2015-08-19 1414 AA8IA         59  JEFF   AB1CD         59
VT
END-OF-LOG:

Notice it does have the correct county in there.  So people who have set
up the log for OHQP should go to File --> Open Log in Database, select
the logfile for the current OHQP that they are running, and make sure
that A, B, C and D as described above are set properly.

I do not not any field after the state I worked [VT in the example
above], but there does seem to be about 9 characters of whitespace after
the VT in the log, if that matters.

Mike / AA8IA