[OhQP-mail] Suggestion for 2015 (Or later) OHQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat Apr 12 07:51:36 CDT 2014

I know it's waaaayyyyy too late for 2014 rules change, but...... How
about a "power multiplier" for the High Power, Low Power, and QRP
categories for 2017 or 2018 or maybe 2050?  (by 2050 may allow enough
time for the OHQP committee to consider a change, knowing how long it
takes for change to happen within Ohio)  And for those who don't recall,
this LID lived in Ohio for over 40+ years.

 From the New Mexico QSO Party rules, to wit:
=====================
8. Multipliers / Bonuses
a. Power Multipliers (the highest output power used at any time during
the contest will determine the power multiplier for all contacts.)
i. QRP: 5 watts output or less: x5
ii. Low Power: > 5 – 150 watts output: x2
iii. High Power: more than 150 watts output: x1
Yes, I know, I know, the hams in Ohio know MUCH BETTER than others
elsewhere, so we can't learn from them. But I'm a stupid enough LID to
not understand this axiom of common knowledge of the "Gurus on high" to
whom we all bow in obsequious sycophancy, never daring to question their
omnipotent and supreme knowledge and wisdom.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time