[OhQP-mail] Suggestions for OHQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed Aug 21 20:07:18 CDT 2013

OHQP encourages spotting on the DX Clusters, so please spot when you're
doing S&P.   Several logging programmes have a "log when S&P" feature,
it sure helps the activity of folks looking for Ohio Stations.

I've figured out how to log into my favorite DX Cluster, but haven't
figured out how to tell my software (N1MM) to automagically spot
stations when I'm doing S&P. The probability that I'llfigure this out
seems to be somewhere between 0.0 and 1.0, but I'm going to try to
figure it out.

This year I won't be in a "really rare" county.  I finked out, found
that, after being guest operator at KD8HNF's site in IONIa county during
the Michigan QSO Party, itwas so much easier than setting up a portable
station, operatingfor 12 hours, and then tearing down. So, look for me
from WARRen county, and don't be confused by my choice of calls - NØH
(N0H if the "Ø" doesn't make it through the reflector). Some wonder why
I choose such a "strange call" but it's "probably" a bit better than N1L
(in 2011), which seemed to "blow the minds" of some ops.  At least "0H"
looks something like "OH" which is sorta my intent.

I'll be running a "mighty 5 watts" but the antenna system should be
quite a few dB better than a dummy load 6feet underground. Here's hoping
for good propagation, low ambient noise level, and lots of activity.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time