[OhQP-mail] Fw: Ohio House Bill 158 Needs Your Help Now!

Kenneth Silverman kenny.k2kw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:59:01 EST 2011

FYI, Kenny K2KW

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bruce Vanselow N8BV <n8bv at juno.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Subject: [OH-KY-IN] Fw: Ohio House Bill 158 Needs Your Help Now!
To: oh-ky-in-ars at ohkyin.org

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "ARRL Members Only Web site" <memberlist at www.arrl.org>
To: n8bv at juno.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:52:44 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Ohio House Bill 158 Needs Your Help Now!

Dear Amateur Radio Operators of the Ohio Section,

As you know, the legislation for zoning of Amateur Radio Antennae has
been moving through the Hose and Senate Sides of the Statehouse, under
House Bill 158 (aka “PRB-1 for Ohio”).

Currently this Bill sits in the State and Local Government and Veterans
Affairs Committee. This Bill has going to its fourth hearing this
Wednesday, and may conclude with a vote to send the Bill to the Senate
Floor, where a favorable vote will move it to the Governor. We have
never been so close to seeing a piece of legislation supporting Amateur
Radio in Ohio move to the Governor’s desk, as we do now.

But…we need your help!

Below are listed the committee members of the State and Local
Government and Veterans Affairs Committee. If you reside in the area
that the Committee member oversees, please do us a favor, and contact
your Senator to give a positive vote to move House Bill 158 to the
Senate Floor. Ask them to review all the testimony that has been
presented to them, and ask them for a vote to allow Amateur Radio
operators to continue to be a viable resource for Homeland Security.

We have seen opposition to this Bill from the Ohio Municipal League,
who are also asking their members to contact committee members for
their support to oppose this Bill.

Remember, the 4th hearing with a possible vote is this Wednesday. Your
help is needed now.

MEMBERS OF THE OHIO SENATE STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND VETERANS
AFFAIRS COMMITTEE:

Chairman: Kris Jordan
19th District (Delaware, Knox, Morrow, Richland, and part of Ashland
counties)
Phone: (614) 466-8086
Email: SD19 at senate.state.oh.us

Vice-Chair: David T. Daniels
17th District (Clinton, Fayette, Gallia, Highland, Jackson, Pike, Ross,
Vinton and portions of Lawrence and Pickaway counties)
Phone: (614) 466-8156
Email: SD17 at senate.state.oh.us

Ranking Minority Member: Nina Turner
25th District (Portion of Cuyahoga County)
Phone: (614) 466-4583
Email: SD25 at senate.state.oh.us

Edna Brown
11thth District (Portion of Lucas County)
Phone: (614) 466-5204
Email: SD11 at senate.state.oh.us

John Eklund
18th District (Geauga and Lake Counties and part of Cuyahoga County)
Phone: (614) 644-7718
Email: SD18 at senate.state.oh.us

Frank LaRose
27th District (Portions of Summit County)
Phone: (614) 466-4823
Email: SD27 at senate.state.oh.us

Peggy Lehner
6th District (Portions of Montgomery County)
Phone: (614) 466-4538
Email: SD06 at senate.state.oh.us

Bill Seitz
8th District (Portion of Hamilton County)
Phone: (614) 466-8068
Email: SD08 at senate.state.oh.us

Charlette B. Tavares
15th District (Portion of Franklin County)
Phone: (614) 466-5131
Email: SD15 at senate.state.oh.us

For State Government Liaison Nick Pittner, K8NAP, the members of the
testimony teams, and myself, I Thank You!

73, Frank Piper, KI8GW
Ohio Section Manager

ARRL Ohio Section
Section Manager: Frank Piper, KI8GW