[OhQP-mail] N1L/BROW reconnaissance

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Aug 26 20:50:40 EDT 2011

If one takes a look at the Della Gates & Edward Charles Bott Wildlife Area

http://tinyurl.com/3n9yhgu

It looks very pretty via Google Maps.

Actually, it's a very, very primitive place.  I'll be set up with the
antenna about 10' from the Brown/Clermont County Line, next to a man
made lake.

Anyway, the trees, about 50  or 60' high, seem to be "tennis ball eating
trees. I'm going to try coating my fish line with silicone lubricant so
it will be less likely to snag in the branches of the trees.

Otherwise, plan "B" will use 32' of push up mast as the center of an
inverted v.

Look for N1L/BROWn @ 1600Z tomorrow!

72/73 de n8xx Hg
Operating N1L/BROWn during OHQP 2011