[OhQP-mail] YO OhQP

wo4o wo4o at home-sweet-loans.com
Sun Oct 10 22:36:04 EDT 2010

As you may know, the OhQP ran partially concurrent with the YO DX HF Contest
(1200Z, Aug 28 to 1200Z, Aug 29).

While I was operating W8BI on 20 meters CW, many YO stations called in. (I
was calling CQ OQP, so they called W8BI, I did not call them.) After I sent
my report, the YO stations would send 2 letters, which is the correct report
for the YO DX HF Contest but N1MM logger rejected each QSO because it was
not the required OQP serial number exchange format. After asking each YO to
send a serial number, and after each one refused to cooperate, I sent NIL
and 73 and ended up not logging any YO stations.  After awhile I acted as if
I couldn’t hear any YO stations calling because it was too frustrating to be
unable to log the QSO. I can only hope that my failure to log the YO’s is
not a poor reflection on W8BI, but I didn’t have an alternate plan at the
time.

Just curious: Did anybody, other than myself, fail to motivate YO stations
to give a serial #?

If so, what did you do?

73, RiC wo4o
<http://www.home-sweet-loans.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4