[OhQP-mail] Bonus Points in OQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Thu May 6 15:13:42 EDT 2010

Good idea Steve:

I like it!  To expand your idea, perhaps we could have people send in
the number of years they've been licensed, compute average number of
years, and multiply the claimed score by the inverse of the fractional
number of years that a person has been licensed.  For example, say the
average was 50 years, and I was licensed 55 years, I'd get a multiplier
of 50/55, or 10/11ths.  A newbie, who was licensed only 1 year, would
get his/her score multiplied by 50.  This might encourage the newcomers
to really try.

36½ (that's 50% of 73, which isn't much more that my idea above is
worth) de n8xx Hg :)