[OhQP-mail] Noble County

Hal Offutt hal at japancorporateresearch.com
Thu Aug 26 09:01:03 EDT 2010

Hello,

The Massillon Amateur Radio Club (MARC) will be operating a special event station in Noble County during the first four hours of the Ohio QSO Party to remember the crew and families of the airship USS Shenandoah which crashed in Ava, Ohio in 1925.  The operation is scheduled from 1200Z to 2000Z on August 28, so they will overlap with the OHQP for four hours.  They will be using the callsign N8S.  According to their announcement, they will be using 14250, 14040, 7250 and 7025.

I gave K2KW's OHQP presentation at a MARC meeting on August 6 and learned about this operation at that time.  I suggested that they keep a separate log and give out OHQP serial numbers when requested.  So if you hear them on, ask them for a serial number and you might get Noble County in your log.

73,

Hal W1NN