[OhQP-mail] Parks On The Air & QPs

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 10:11:45 CDT 2022

With serious fall QSO party season beginning in two weeks (from this past Saturday) with the Ohio QSO Party, people might consider a twofer operation: A POTA activation from a target state, especially from a park in a rare county.
I did this last spring in the Florida QSO Party, operating for two hours out of my mobile trip around the state from the Fishing Pier State Park in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties.  I removed the non-POTA QSOs from the other counties, and sent in the ADIF log for those two POTA counties. With that activation, I'm something like fourth place in the number of QSOs from that park.
I CQ'd on SSB as "K8MR mobile in Pinellas county and park K-1619". I don't know how many of my QSOs might have been attributed to the POTA status, but it certainly didn't hurt.
I'm not a serious POTA guy, but from their web site it appears that if you register your operation in advance, the RBN will pick it up on CW and enter it on the POTA activation site as well as the regular RBN skimmer sites.
I hope some folks here in Ohio, or nearby states, will take advantage of this to show up from a good park in the Ohio QSO Party, on Saturday August 27.

73  -  Jim  K8MR