[OhQP-mail] Indiana QSO Party May 5

Mel Crichton kj9c at att.net
Tue Mar 6 08:57:02 CST 2018

Please share with your club members....  We could always use help from Ohio Mobiles and rovers

It's  spring, meaning it's time for Indiana radio clubs and individual hams
to start planning for the Indiana QSO Party on May 5. Not only is this the
annual running of our popular (and fun ) INQP, it's also a chance to shake
down your mobile or club's field day setup by activating some of the more
"rare" Indiana counties.  This is a great opportunity to become "the hunted"
and experience pileups looking to work YOU !

There's a link to a powerpoint presentation on the INQP website
(www.hdxcc.org/inqp, click on PUBLICITY PACKAGE) that could be used as
program material in your club. The website also holds a lot of other info,
like rules for INQP, operating tips, and links to special awards, like the
Worked All Indiana Counties award.

Perhaps your club can mount a full-blown 12-hour effort to put your county
on the air and compete for the TOP CLUB plaque. Your members can participate
as individuals, and then combine their scores for a club score. You might
also organize a multi-op multi-transmitter effort, and perhaps shake out the
club gear prior to Field Day. (Check out the rules and operating categories)

Even if you are not contributing to a club entry, feel free to operate and
compete for individual awards, including our attractive plaques and
certificates. Beside operating from home, you can go mobile, or set up
bigger (and higher) antennas as a  rover or portable.

Whatever your operating preference, please get on the air Saturday May 5 to
put  Indiana (and your county) out there for others to work.

Once you have made a plan, please let the INQP reflector (or K9WX
timk9wx at gmail.com ) know what counties and call signs you will activate on
May 5. We'll  put your call on the activity map.

NOTE:  If you've operated INQP before, please be aware that we changed
our county abbreviations to avoid confusion with other QSO parties taking
place the same day (meaning, there will be LOTS of stations to work!).
Check out the website for more info on using these abbreviations with the
most common logging programs.

And if you want to operate the other three QSO parties that day, check out N1MM
Logger and our website so you can log all the QSOs in one log.

Thanks
Mel KJ9C    kj9c at arrl.net

---