[OhQP-mail] 2018 OHQP

Stephen Morton swmorton50 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 07:52:31 CDT 2018

Hello fellow OQPers.

Just a quick follow-up note to the group.  I’m looking forward to operating OHQP this year as AA8HH, not TI8/AA8HH.  We are in West Central Florida, and are putting up a temporary vertical for 80 – 10 meters solely for the contest.  We are living in temporary place (in Sarasota) until our new home is completed in Nokomis, Fla.  I picked up a used 6BTV yesterday at the Tampa Hamfest and plan to toss it up Saturday morning and take it back down at midnight.  Hopefully, I will be able to finish the contest before someone files a complaint with the Home Owners Association!  As I have often said, “It is easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission”.

Best of luck to all of the Ohio participants… Mobiles, Rovers and Fixed Stations.  I hope that Mother Nature and Old Sol cooperate for a few hours on Saturday!  73

Steve – AA8HH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10