[OhQP-mail] K8RYU/R

Ralph Matheny mathenyr at marietta.edu
Thu Aug 24 17:37:32 CDT 2017

Well, we drove the route today  and only a few minor changes.  That's the

good news.  The bad news is that mobile operation between sites will be

minimal unless I have some good luck.  When I key the Tx the engine shuts

off...most undesirable.  I still have tomorrow to continue the search for a

solution.  The problem is worst on 40---of course.  I may be able to run

QRP power levels on the highway.  I've only testes the setup at idle.

If we can't mobile, we will stop and just use the mobile antenna at a couple

spots in the counties which we normally operate mobile only...Athens and

Jackson for example.

In any case, if the van runs we'll be there......

de K8RYU