[OhQP-mail] Indiana QSO Party May 7

Mel Crichton kj9c at iquest.net
Sun Mar 6 09:08:03 CST 2016

This went to Indiana clubs, but Ohioans may want to play as well... We always get help from the Cincinnati area (W9VNE and AE8M) and we welcome your participation in any way, fomr any location.

Although it's not yet spring, it's time for Indiana radio clubs and individual hams
to start planning for the Indiana QSO Party on May 7. Not only is this the annual
running of our popular (and fun ) INQP, it's also a special celebration of Indiana's 200th birthday.
And to mark that special event, we've got extra awards for working or activating our state's original 15 counties.
This is a great opportunity to become "the hunted" and experience pileups on YOU !

There's a link to a powerpoint presentation on the INQP website (www.hdxcc.org/inqp, click on
PUBLICIITY PACKAGE) that could be used as program material in your club. The website also
holds a lot of other info, like rules for INQP, operating tips, and links to special awards, like the
Worked All Indiana Counties award, or the one-time award for contacting all 15 original counties.

Perhaps your club will mount a full blown effort to put your county on the
air and compete for the TOP CLUB plaque. Your members can participate as
individuals, and then  combine their scores for a club score. You can also
organize a multi-op effort, and perhaps shake out the club gear prior to
Field Day. (Check out the rules and operating categories)

If you are not a club member, feel free to operate and compete for individual
awards, including our attractive plaques and certificates. Beside operating
from home, you can go mobile, or set up bigger (and higher) antennas as a rover.

Whatever your operating choice, please get on the air Saturday May 7 to put Indiana
(and your county) out there for others to work.

Once you have made a plan, please let me know what counties and call signs
you will activate on May 7. We'll  put your call on the activity map.

Thanks
Mel KJ9C    kj9c at arrl.net