[OhQP-mail] [FCG] Reverse Beacon Network and State QSO Parties

w1md at cfl.rr.com w1md at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 21 16:54:32 CDT 2016

Jim,

This is a great point to make. The Reversebeacon network is an invaluable tool for real time propagation. Sadly though the bands seem to be quiet far too often when in fact they are open. I'll use the RB network whenever I'm on the air to 'see' what bands are open...it's interesting to see just how often there are openings all the way up to 10m (spotlight sometimes...but there). I have a K3 and DX-88 vertical so it's a great test 'in all directions' at any given time and across all the bands including WARC. I start at 10m and send a couple of CQ's...then work my way down the bands.

Not much activity on the bands these days...on CW anyway. Even on the weekends when you would 'think' there would be more activity.

73,
W1MD