[OhQP-mail] Fwd: K8MR/R has submitted OhQP Plans

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Aug 22 20:22:07 CDT 2013

Our plans are confirmed for a Rover effort. I anticipate 20 to 30 minutes
stopped per county, in addition to operating while moving. No stops in
counties  where we expect or find major activity; presently MUSK and ATHE are on
that  list.

The time stopped will emphasize SSB operation. The fixed antenna will be a
"33 foot HamStick",  33 ft of wire supported by a DK9SQ fiberglass mast
held up by a tripod made of those military surplus 4 ft aluminum tubes, and
loaded against the minivan body.

Our first stop is now planned for TUSC, from the park at the Atwood Lake
spillway. Ross is the last county where we expect to stop to operate, and
than  my be optimistic. The ones after that will be all mobile (unless we
misestimate  time) as we head home on US 23 and I-71 to Cleveland.

I hope be able to pass out a lot of good county multipliers to a lot of
people!  CU on Saturday.

73  -  Jim   K8MR