[OhQP-mail] OhQP : New category request.

w3hkk at roadrunner.com w3hkk at roadrunner.com
Mon Oct 8 21:12:30 CDT 2012

The guys here at COOKEN have traditionally gotten together for some annual camraderie by entering the Multi Op Category of the OhQP. We run a barefoot rig @ 100w.

The Multi Op category  had 18 log submissions this year, presumably from stations running  somewhere between 1w and 1000w.

Im not sure if we want to encourage more KWs in a state QSO party, when barefoot rigs do just fine. So we request consideration be given to at least one more Multi-Op category for 2013 and beyond, by dividing the current Multi-Op category  into Multi-Op(200w or less)  ( to accomodate barefoot stations) and Multi-Op (over 200w) ( for those with amplifiers.)

I didnt suggest a QRP category for Multi-Ops, since I didnt think you could find more than one QRP operator per club. :)

Thanks for your consideration.