[OhQP-mail] multi operator loging help with serial numbers

K9TM k9tm at buckeye-express.com
Sat Jul 7 16:13:02 CDT 2012

>For instance if we were to run say 3 stations 1 on 20 Phone,  1 on 10 M phone and a 40M CW station..
If this means you will have three transmitters with three computers such that transmitter1/computer1 will be on 20ssb, transmitter2/computer2 will be on 10ssb and transmitter3/computer3 will be on 40cw then each transmitter/computer will start at qso number 1 and increment by 1 for each qso that transmitter/computer make.  In the end you will end up with three logs, one for each computer.  These three logs are glued together to make one log that is submitted.

>Next how about 20M phone  and  a 40 meter Phone and a CW station
This is similar to the first example except different band assignments.
If this means you will have three transmitters with three computers such that transmitter1/computer1 will be on 20ssb, transmitter2/computer2 will be on 40ssb and transmitter3/computer3 will be on 80m-10m cw then each transmitter/computer will start at qso number 1 and increment by 1 for each qso that transmitter/computer make.  In the end you will end up with three logs, one for each computer.  These three logs are glued together to make one log that is submitted.

>Or 2 phone and a CW
This type of setup represents a potential issue.
The cw computer/transmitter is fine and won't cause any issue.  There is a potential issue with computer2/transmitter2 and computer3/transmitter3 both which are assigned as SSB and can float to any band 80m-10m.  If you operate on transmitter2 on say 20m ssb and give out qso number 23 and then move transmitter 2 somewhere else... you could potentially end up with computer3/transmitter3 on 20m ssb at some point and potentially give out qso number 23 again (as each transmitter/computer has numbers starting at 1 and going to number of qsos made on that transmitter).  This is the problem.  If you assure that you never give the same number on a given band/mode then there is no problem.

73, Tim K9TM