[OhQP-mail] AF8A OQP Results

Gary Mikitin, AF8A af8a at mangobay.com
Sun Aug 29 15:19:35 EDT 2010

I am antenna challenged during the non-winter months (no antennas for 40 or
80 meters) so I piggybacked a low (14 ft HAAT) 40m dipole onto my 30m dipole
Friday night.  The lack of 80m made for a pretty dull contest.  I operated
the first 4 or 5 hours and spent a good part of the time trying to stay
awake in the chair.

I did manage to work a few mobiles on 40m -- K8MR twice and K8DD once.  20m
was more productive than I expected.  I heard nothing (except for another
local, K8BL) until I called CQ and then got a string of replies.  K0AD
spotted me and that helped as well (tnx, Al).

FB job by K2KW on publicity...I was surprised at how many stations there
were to work around the US - even the 'rare' states, MT, WY, RI, were on.

OHIO QSO PARTY

Call Used                   : AF8A
Last County/City Ran        : CUYA
Callsign(s) of Operators(s) : AF8A
Entry Class                 : Single Operator+Packet

BAND   CW     PH     MULTS
==========================
80        0       0      0
40       76       1     40
20       41       0     12
15        0       0      0
10        0       0      0

Contact Points:   CW(117 * 2) + PH(1 * 1) = 235

Multipliers = 52 OH Counties/States/Provinces (51 cw + 1 ph)

Claimed Score:  12220

MULTIPLIERS WORKED:

ASHT AUGL BUTL CLER CUYA DELA FAIR GEAU HAMI JEFF LAKE
LICK LORA MEDI SHEL SUMM TRUM UNIO WAYN WILL  MA  NH
 RI  NY  NJ MDC  PA  AL  FL  GA  NC  SC  TN
 VA  AR  MS  NM  OK  TX  CA  AZ  MT  WY  MI
 IL  IN  WI  CO  IA  MN  MO