[OhQP-mail] KC8YJJ/M operating some east ohio counties

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed Aug 25 19:31:35 EDT 2010

  One thing a lot of QRP ops use is a 31' collapsible pole, available as
a fishing pole from Cabelas, Jackite, etc. and as a kite anchor at many
Kite stores.  The antenna is made from #24 speaker wire or similar, and
very light 300 ohm twin lead is used for feeders.  It can be erected in
a few minutes by one person.  The antenna is used as an inverted "V" and
covers all bands from the wavelength where the dipole is >1/4 wavelength
to 10 Metres.  I've used such an antenna with 100 watts - it certainly
will handle that power.  A dipole worse better @ 70', but for rover
operation, it's several dB better than a vertical whip on a mobile.

73 de n8xx Hg
Operating as N8Q from the village of McComb, in HENRy county during OQP 2010